Competition: Most unusual gaming gear! Terms and Conditions
1. The following rules apply to your participation in our Obscure Game Gear competition (“Competition”).
2. By submitting your entry and by entering the Competition you agree to these rules.
3. You will need a valid email address to participate. To enter, share a photo of yourself with your obscure game gear along with details on what it is and how you came to own it. All photos must be family friendly and must not be offensive in anyway; Entertainment Magpie (the ‘Promoter’) has the final say on whether an entry is offensive or not. All correctly completed entries will be automatically entered into the prize draw. Entry is limited to one entry per person, and no entries can be made using a third party. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion.
4. Image Consent: You must be the copyright owner of the photo or have the permission of the owner to enter. If any persons are featured in your photo, you must also have their individual permission to use the photo in this Competition.
By entering this Competition, you agree that whilst copyright in all photos submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrant, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Promoter to feature any or all of the submitted photos on its websites, social media accounts and/or in any of its marketing, publicity or promotional materials. This may be in printed, electronic, digital or any other format. The images may also be circulated to various media, such as local press, to raise publicity.
5. Entertainment Magpie shall moderate all photographs entered and Entertainment Magpie reserves the right at its absolute discretion not to post any photograph on the Facebook page or at its absolute discretion to remove any photograph from the Facebook page at any time.
6. Promotion period runs from 27th April 2016 to 27th May 2016 inclusive. All entries must be received within this time and by Midnight on 27th May 2016
7. Entry restrictions: The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, or if you are under 18 years of age, you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s consent. Employees of the Promoter, or their agents, families and suppliers, or anyone connected with the Promoter are not eligible to participate, including staff in store.
8. Prize: There will be 1 winner, who will receive two weekend pass tickets to Insomnia on 26th August and 29th August 2016 at NEC, Birmingham. All entrants must be available for these dates. Travel and accommodation is not provided.
9. Prize Draw and notification of winners: All completed entries will be included in a random draw from which one winner will be drawn at random from a pool of all entrants. The random draw shall be verified by an independent adjudicator, whose name shall be available on request. The winner will be notified by email within two weeks of the Competition end date and must respond to the notification within 48 hours. All entrants must ensure they provide a valid email address and must be contactable on the same email address or social media account used for entry. If a winner fails to respond within 48 hours the winner forfeits their right to any prize and the Promoter will select an alternative winner. Any further selection of winners will be in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. The prize is as described in these rules. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for the non-receipt of any entry and cannot be held liable for system failures on the website or for any failure by third parties to fulfil their obligations or for any acts or omissions outside the control of the Promoter although the Promoter will endeavour to minimise the effect of any such failure. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to vary these rules at any time, or to withdraw the Competition altogether for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final in connection with all matters arising from this Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility, liability or any consequences whatsoever for participating in this Competition or the prize offered in relation to the Competition. This Competition is governed by the laws of England and in the event of any dispute the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to seek and issue publicity on behalf of the winner. By entering the Competition, the winner agrees to participate in publicity as reasonably requested surrounding the Competition.
14. Note in relation to Facebook: This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
15. By entering this competition you acknowledge that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, either Insomnia, Multiplay, any of the game accessory manufacturers who may appear in entries or any related subsidiaries.